Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Analyst
If you love to learn and research, have a passion for real estate, are detail-oriented and self-starting we want to hear from you! Valbridge Property Advisors’ detail-oriented appraisal analysts provide support to the appraisal team by completing market research, report preparation, and analysis all while developing extensive expertise in appraising at the number-one commercial real estate appraisal firm in Kansas City.
We are looking for an appraisal analyst to support our appraisers by aiding in report preparation, with the end goal of gaining proficiency in analysis tasks that would lead to promotion to a trainee appraiser.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- · Proficiency using all pertinent resources.
- · Search and input new data into internal database.
- · Successfully procure and confirm market data (comps) from market participants.
- · Some level of relationship-building with the brokerage community is expected.
- · Research and effectively describe “macro” and “micro” real estate and economic trends.
- · Deep familiarity with all published market surveys from brokerage houses.
- · Compose the bulk of the “front end” of an appraisal report, but not the valuation.
- · Read through completed report to verify content consistency, report language, flow.
- · Within three months on the job, should have sufficient understanding of typical commercial real estate terminology and appraisal concepts to write an adequate comparable write-up with minimum supervision.
- · Makes efforts to understand USPAP, appraisal methodologies, rules/regulations.
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in finance or real estate. Work experience in the real estate field a plus. The candidate will demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Google Maps and Street Atlas. Candidate must be a self-starter with superior organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail and quality.
At Valbridge we believe in respect and treating our employees fairly. We work hard and do things the right way in a fun, team-oriented environment with others who share a passion for real estate. Named one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal in 2010 and a 25 Under 25 award winner in 2014, Valbridge offers educational reimbursement; health insurance; 401(k) with employer matching; a charitable foundation that supports employee causes; and an entrepreneurial spirit so you can be the best you. What are you waiting for? Apply today. Please send résumé and cover letter to Laird Goldsborough at firstname.lastname@example.org